Join Special Olympics Mecklenburg County and Carolinas Rehabilitation for their annual MedFest on September 27, 2019! We are in need of volunteers to help with set-up of the event, athlete check-in and check-out, activity room volunteers and a few other tasks throughout the day. MedFest will be held from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm at the Harris Conference Center. More information will be provided closer to the event. If you have any questions contact Elizabeth Colen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is MedFest:
• Offers a free sports physical, and other health screening services to people with intellectual disabilities (ID);
• Provides individuals with ID who are not yet Special Olympics athletes the means to become Special Olympics athletes;
• Provides individuals who are already Special Olympics athletes the means to remain athletes by supplying the necessary re-qualification physical examination;
• Provides members of the medical community with training and specialized experience in the examination and assessment of people with ID
• Offers sports demos and wellness activities in the form of a Wellness Fair. This is to promote the local SO sports programming as well as connect athletes to local community health and wellness resources.
Where is MedFest:
MedFest will be held at the Harris Conference Center at Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte.
Address: 3216 Cpcc Harris Campus Dr, Charlotte, NC 28208
Sorry, there are not any shifts available online at this time.
Already signed up? Click here to check your status.