Join Special Olympics Durham County for their annual MedFest on October 25, 2019! We are in need of volunteers to help with set-up of the event, athlete check-in and check-out, activity room volunteers and a few other tasks throughout the day. MedFest will be held from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm at North Carolina Central University. More information will be provided closer to the event. If you have any questions, please email Meera Gandhi at email@example.com.
What is MedFest:
• Offers a free sports physical, and other health screening services to people with intellectual disabilities (ID);
• Provides individuals with ID who are not yet Special Olympics athletes the means to become Special Olympics athletes;
• Provides individuals who are already Special Olympics athletes the means to remain athletes by supplying the necessary re-qualification physical examination;
• Provides members of the medical community with training and specialized experience in the examination and assessment of people with ID
• Offers sports demos and wellness activities in the form of a Wellness Fair. This is to promote the local SO sports programming as well as connect athletes to local community health and wellness resources.
Where is MedFest:
MedFest will be held at NCCU.
1801 Fayetteville St.
Durham, NC 27707
Sorry, there are not any shifts available online at this time.
Already signed up? Click here to check your status.